Today’s forecast calls for hot, savory soup.
This is the time of year when you’re inspired to reach your healthy goals, yet it’s difficult to stay focused due to frigid temperatures when all you want is a toasty cinnamon bun! Let’s be honest, comfort foods are the best in the winter, but they don’t work wonders on your fitness regimen. Wouldn’t it be nice to have your “cake,” and eat it too?
We reached out to acclaimed dietician Rachael DeVaux of RachaelsGoodEats to create a cozy winter meal for all those who are looking to stick to their resolutions. Remaining true to our love for anything soft and organic, Rachael came up with a Roasted Cauliflower Red Pepper Soup. She elevated the entire experience by enjoying her soup while wrapped in our soft and 100% organic Cable Knit Throw in Natural. A hug on the inside and on the outside? Sounds good to us!
Roasted Cauliflower Red Pepper Soup
1 large head cauliflower
4 smaller red bell peppers
2 cloves garlic
1 medium white onion, trimmed and cut into large chunks
5 cups low sodium vegetable stock
½ tbsp turmeric spice
½ tbsp Parmesan cheese (or for vegans, substitute with nutritional yeast)
½ cup raw roasted cashews
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp red chili flakes
2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and place on a parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Toss or spray thoroughly with olive oil and season with turmeric spice, nutritional yeast, and several grinds of pepper.
- Slice red bell peppers down the middle and remove stems/seeds. Cut into quarters and place on a separate parchment paper covered baking sheet along with onions. Spray with oil.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes and when done, scoop cauliflower, red peppers and onions into high-powered blender with 2 cups vegetable stock, garlic and seasonings.
- Blend on high for 3–4 minutes. Add in the rest of the vegetable stock (3 cups) and the roasted cashews to blend once more for 5 minutes, or until very creamy.
- Pour the whole mixture into a large soup pot and heat.
- Garnish with your favorite herbs, seeds or cheeses.
Share your cozy yet healthy winter recipes with us on Instagram by tagging @bollandbranch and using the hashtag #bollandbranch.