Whether you're planning to soak up the sun or enjoy a gourmet picnic, don’t forget the essentials! Here are our picks.
- A great beach towel (like ours!). Crafted from 100% organic cotton in our signature pattern, Boll & Branch’s towels are durable, absorbent, and ultra-soft.
- A roomy carryall. FEED’s tasseled tote is so cute—plus, each purchase provides 50 meals to children in need around the world.
- Water-resistant SPF. A good sunscreen is a must for any day spent outdoors (even a cloudy one). Supergoop! makes an easy-to-apply mousse that absorbs quickly.
- Stylish shades with UV protection. Warby Parker’s tortoise sunglasses are a can’t-miss mix of fashion and function.
- A page-turning read. While away an afternoon with one of these absorbing new releases: The Ministry of Utmost Happiness, Arundhati Roy’s first novel in 20 years, is already being celebrated as a classic. Mandy Berman’s coming-of-age debut, Perennials, has earned comparisons to the fiction of Judy Blume. And How to Fall In Love With Anyone offers thoughtful observations on intimacy from the author of the viral New York Times story “To Fall In Love With Anyone, Do This.”
- Simple slides. Comfy-cool slip-ons in buttery Italian leather: Everlane has dreamed up your go-everywhere summer shoe.
- An old-school camera. Lightweight and portable, Fujifilm’s instant camera combines retro looks with modern functionality.
- A healthy snack. RXBAR’s all-natural, protein-packed bars come in nine fun flavors. Blueberry makes a tasty no-melt option.
- A reusable water bottle. S’well’s BPA-free, stainless-steel bottle will keep your H20 cold for up to 24 hours—long after that day by the water is just a happy memory.