You deserve nice things.
While Boll & Branch products are made to last and soften with time, it’s important to know how to properly wash your items to make sure they stay as charming as ever.
Boll & Branch Rule #1
ALWAYS wash your Boll & Branch items before using them for the first time. This allows your oversized bed sheets to shrink slightly to the proper size for your bed and ensures your towels, bed sheets and blankets/throws begin the beautiful, long-term process of softening even further with time and use.
Detergent to Use on Organic Cotton
Aim for a liquid, biodegradable detergent. If you prefer powder, make sure it’s dissolved in the wash water before adding your laundry to the washing machine. Avoid bleach, it is too harsh on natural, organic cotton fibers! But if necessary, only use non-chlorine bleach on white or natural items. Note: even though natural isn’t white, it is undyed cotton, which means using bleach will not leave white stains. Keep in mind that banded is also considered colored, so avoid using bleach! Lastly, avoid using fabric softeners on all Boll & Branch products—they leave a film on the organic cotton fibers that can ruin the integrity of the fibers.
Sort Your Items
Remember to wash items with like colors to maintain color vibrancy. Dark colors should always be washed in cold water to prevent bleeding. Never wash towels and bed sheets together, mixing towels with bed sheets encourages lint build-up!
Laundry Care for Bed Sheets
- Wash colors in cold water
- Wash whites in warm
- Tumble dry on medium, and shake linens between washing and drying to keep the wrinkles away
- Want a crisp look? Use a warm iron!
Laundry Care for Bath Towels
- Wash towels in cold water
- Tumble dry on low or medium heat
- Watch out for skincare products, they can fade or spot the towels
Laundry Care for Knits (Throws, Hats, Scarves)
- Wash these items in cold water
- Tumble dry low to remove dampness, then lay flat to air dry
- After air drying, place back in the dryer for a few minutes to soften the fibers
Get it? Got it? Good!